Topic Description :
A pandemic is an epidemic of an infectious disease that has spread across a large region, for instance multiple continents or worldwide, affecting a substantial number of people. A widespread endemic disease with a stable number of infected people is not a pandemic. The worldwide spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a serious public health concern. It is having an impact on the way people around the world live and work. There have been increasing reports of dermatologic manifestations of coronavirus (COVID-19). This session will help highlight the skin findings during the pandemic and also how to take care of your skin during the pandemic.
Dr. Hassan Galadari
About the speaker
- An American board-certified graduate of the Boston University/Tufts University dermatology program in the USA.
- Completed a dermatologic surgery and laser fellowship in the University of California-San Francisco and is currently a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology.
- The Treasurer General of the International Society of Dermatology as well as Secretary General of the International League of Dermatological Societies.
- Member of numerous committees in many international societies including the Covid19 Task Force for the International League of Dermatological Societies
- Currently an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the UAE University.