Topic Description :
Hypertension Management Guidelines & the Urgency of Blood Pressure control
- Review of recent American & European Guidelines for Hypertension management.
- What are the similarities / differences?
- Urgency for early blood pressure treatment & blood pressure control
Prof. Konstantinos P.Tsioufis. MD, PhD, FESC, FACC
- Professor of Cardiology and Director of the Hypertension Unit of the Hippokration Hospital National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
- He was a post-doctoral fellow at the Veterans Affairs Medical Centre, Georgetown University Washington DC USA.
- He has more than 400 publications inpeer-reviewed Journals, more than 11000 citations and more than 450 invited lectures at international meetings.
- Co-editor of the books ‘’interventional therapies of secondary and essential hypertension’’ and ‘’ ESH Manual of Hypertension, 5th edition, 2019’’ .
- He has contributed with more than 20 Chapters in Books. Member of the Editorial Board and Reviewer in many Cardiology and Hypertension Journals .
- Prof Tsioufis has served as President of European Society of Hypertension (ESH) (2017-19) and President of the Hellenic Society of Cardiology (2016-18)