Topic Description :
Regenerative Endodontics: An Introduction for the General Dentist
The management of immature permanent teeth with pulpal necrosis is challenging because the root canal system is often difficult to debride, and the thin dentinal walls are at increased risk of subsequent cervical fracture. This can be a restorative problem because implants are generally contraindicated in a young patient with a growing craniofacial skeleton. Regenerative endodontic therapy provides an alternative treatment approach that builds on the principles of regenerative medicine and tissue engineering. The aim of the therapy is to successfully treat these challenging cases by regenerating functional pulpal tissue utilizing protocols referred to as regenerative endodontic procedures.
- What is regenerative endodontics?
- What is tissue engineering?
- What is the biological basis for regenerative endodontic procedures?
- What are the steps for regenerative endodontic procedures?
- Are regenerative endodontic procedures effective?
Dr. John J. Young Jr.
DDS, Member, American Dental Association, GNYDM Committee Fellow, Private Practise – USA
- 1981, New York University, College of Arts and Science, New York, NY
- BA, History
- 1986, New York University, College of Dentistry, New York, NY
- 1987, Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, NY
- Certificate, General Practice Residency
American Dental Association, New York State Dental Association, New York County Dental Society, Academy of General Dentistry, New York Academy of Dentistry, Xi Psi Phi Fraternity, American College of Dentists, Omicron Kappa Upsilon, International College of Dentists and Pierre Fauchard Academy.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, 1986
- Quintessence Award for Clinical Achievement in Restorative
- Dentistry, 1986
- Best Treasurer, Xi Psi Phi Fraternity, 1985 and 1986
- Bronze Certificate for Completing 1000 Hours of Continuing
- Education, Dental Society of the State of New York, 2003
- Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry, 1995
- Fellow, New York Academy of Dentistry, 1996
- Fellow, Long Island Academy of Odontology, 2000
- Fellow, American College of Dentists, 2005
- Fellow, International College of Dentists, 2009
- Fellow, Pierre Fauchard Academy, 2009
INDEX Conferences & Exhibitions Organisation Est is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. INDEX Conferences & Exhibitions Organisation Est. designates this activity for continuing education credits on an hour for hour basis.